|Experience Required||3 years|
|Employment Type||Full Time Job|
|Vacancies Available||1 available|
Do you have a product-first approach when building software? Are you experienced with backend development and constantly finding ways to improve existing infrastructure, platforms, and frameworks? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment with a talented, fun and energetic team who is running at full speed to redefine the way people invest?
We are currently expanding and looking for a motivated Backend Engineer who have a passion for building robust and scalable systems for customer-focused financial products.
You are responsible for translating high-level business requirements for new products and features into the services and data models that power them. You will work to design, build, and support many of the core systems powering StashAway's financial software, from cash flow and transaction libraries to our financial computation engine, You like thinking critically about how to architect and build new components in a performant and scalable manner.
You will need to leverage the entire technology stack to realise these goals, and will be part of a team that is constantly tackling difficult questions of scale, architecture and interaction. You will develop experience with the full stack across different backend systems, restructuring existing systems, extending their functionality as well as building entirely new services from the ground up in the area of Operations, Compliance, Trading and Banking.
Your contribution to a dynamic Technology team allows you to be exposed to a variety of concepts and technologies. You will enjoy being able to have a direct impact on StashAway's internationalisation plans, and the development of features and new investment products.
- Take full ownership of certain aspects of our core trading platform that is written in Scala on top of an open-source tech stack (Cassandra, Kafka, Akka, Lagom, and more) to enable the rapid rollout of new investment products and future country launches.
- Work according to the principles of CQRS and Event Sourcing to build the backbone of our financial operations and ensure that transaction dollars are securely moved through StashAway's systems in a series of risk checks to ensure strict regulatory compliance.
- Work on cutting-edge technology and be part of modern software development practices (e.g. agile and self-sufficient teams, continuous integration and deployment, test automation, cloud-based infrastructure, and tooling).
- Design and implement solutions to handle high levels of traffic, in a rapidly scaling environment.
- Write testable, clean, efficient code that can be confidently released in production.
- Work closely with Product and Business teams to produce high-quality results.
- Understand the importance of scalability, self-healing, performance, profiling, data, and security when developing and maintaining backend services.
- Bachelors' or above in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent professional experience
- 3-5 years of experience developing distributed systems or building a larger application from scratch
- Self-driven, has strong sense of ownership and able to work and learn independently
- We have an annual Learning & Development budget of S$1,000/year for you to take charge of your upskilling and learning!
- Comfortable with numbers and motivated by steep learning curves
- Developed mission-critical products, e.g. trading platforms, medical applications
- Basic knowledge of finance and trading
- Some exposure to CQRS / Event Sourcing patterns
- Basic understanding of infrastructure (e.g. databases, message queues, Docker)
This comes after worsening ties between the two countries continue to escalate.
The ecosystem value is valued at $15 billion, $5 billion above the global average.
Pandemic and digital disruptions have accelerated this move.
The program will take place from January - March 2021.
Ren Feng Media Tech Inc. is now displayed as the owner of the iflix app on the app stores.
Airport numbers today rose to record highs since mid-March.